Egyptian Nutrition Society
الجمعية المصرية للتغذية
Prof. Akila Saleh Hamza
Prof. Akila emeritus professor of nutrition, born in Cairo, Egypt. She had B.Sc. Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, M.Sc. in Public Health ( Major Nutrition)
High Institute of public Health, Alexandria University and Ph.D. in Food Science and Technology .Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University, Including 3 years in Denmark .
She had several positions such as General Coordinator of Food Security Information Center.
Coordinator of the inter-ministerial committee for setting a policy and strategies into the national nutrition, health, agriculture development and investment plans, after the Second International Conference of Nutrition (ICN2) .
Founder and professor of Regional Center for Food and Feed (RCFF)
Head of food safety committee in the Ministry of agriculture
She had many experiences such as:
- Established and started Nutrition Education Department in the Ministry of Supply.
- Working as manager for TCP/ FAO project for Nutrition Surveillance in Egypt (1992).
- Work as coordinator of the inter-ministerial committee representing all concerned ministries in Egypt, for preparing the action plan and strategy for nutrition after the first international conference of nutrition (ICN1) which was adopted in (1994) TCP / FAO.
- Help Syria for setting their action plan. FAO
- Working as a consultant for the International Food Policy Research Institute IFPRI (Washington ) during itís work in Egypt for two years conducting the National Nutrition Survey in Egypt(1994) .
- Coordinator of food security policy advisory board in Egypt.
- Established and started Central laboratory for Food and Feed (CLFF) in cooperation with Danish Government in 1980, which is developed to be Regional Center for Food and Feed (RCFF), and became the official institute for controlling feed ingredients, feed additive and local feed production.
- Work as an expert for establishing quality control system in Sultanate of Oman in (2013).
Conferences and workshops :
- She Represented Egypt in so many International conferences and workshops in (Denmark, Italy, United States of America, Germany, Netherlands, Finland, and Canada ).
Food and Agricultural organization of the United Nations (FAO) Prize of the World Food day 1984, 1992 and 1996.
Honorary certificate from the Arab Association of Food Technology, 1995.
Honorary certificate for Pioneers of Land Reclamation, 1997.
Medal of Agricultural Production Heroes.
Egyptian Academy for Scientific Research and Technology. Prize in the first National Conference for Scientific Research and Development of the Animal Production, 1988, Cairo.
Honorary Medal from Jordan ( Working Together for Better Life )
Dr. Akila appointed for Honorary citizen of the Great State of Nebraska in 1992 USA.
Honorary Medal from press syndicate in Egypt.
Honorary Medal from Egyptian Codex Committee in 2014
She is a member of many scientific societies :
- President of scientific Egyptian Nutrition society.
- Member of scientific society of food technology.
- Member of scientific society of animal nutrition and feed.
She published more than 65 paper in scientific journals in the field of human nutrition, poultry nutrition and food contaminates and supervised more than 60 Ph.D and M.Se
الموقع مازال قيد الإنشاء ، ولا يعتد بأى بيانات به